LTnT - Lifestyle, Travel & Technology
Philippines and Russia versus Austria
September 24, 2020
Alexander Gmasz, Garry Levin
Introduction to "Philippines and Russia versus Austria"
In this episode of the Lifestyle, Travel & Technology podcast, the hosts Alexander and Garry compare their hometown to the places they originally come from. In Garry's case, being Russian but having the Austrian citizenship, he compares both countries based on his experiences and preferences. The same with Alexander, being half Filipino - half Austrian, he also compares the countries based on the same criteria.
Podcast Episode Summary
- How long would it take you to travel the Philippines
- Banaue Rice Terraces
- Nature between Austria and Philippines
- Nature in Russia
- Trans-Siberian Railway
- Manila Bay looks like Miami Beach
- Mayon Volcano
- Filipino Hospitality
- Filipino Feasts - Kamayan, Lechon
- Eating out in PH, RU and AUT
- Filipinos are ranked #8 in the world and #1 in Asia for the friendliest and most hospitable people
- Huge Shopping Mall Culture in Asia and Russia
- 2 of the biggest shopping malls in the world are located in the Philippines
- Philippines caters more towards expats than Austria does
- Austria has the benefit of a proper working infrastructure
- Nightlife in Moscow
Alexander - "...people want to get out of poverty they want to do something and some tend to get very creative and solve a problem..."
Garry - "...same with russia, we have a bunch of topography - we have desert, we have tropical, we have temperate forest..."